Combined Club Weekend Ride and ROF Ride: 18,19 and 20th Sept 2020. Please join Peter (ROF 2) for a combined Club Weekend Ride and ROF Ride to the beautiful Natal Midlands. The
Combined Club Weekend Ride and ROF Ride: 18,19 and 20th Sept 2020.
Please join Peter (ROF 2) for a combined Club Weekend Ride and ROF Ride to the beautiful Natal Midlands.
The planned itinerary is to leave Gauteng on Friday morning, 18th Sept 2020, and ride to our weekend destination, the famous Nottingham Road Hotel (Notties).
The route will primarily be a tar route, avoiding as far as possible National roads. Current planning is to meet at Engen 1 Stop, Blockhouse, R59 South. Proceed to Heilbron, Reitz, Bethlehem, Clarens, Golden Gate and Harrismith Bergview for lunch.
The ride will then split at Harrismith for tar and gravel rides.
Tar will proceed to Sterkfontein Dam, Oliviershoek Pass, Bergville, Winterton, Churchill Capture site, Estcourt, Mooi River, Rosetta and to Notties.
An alternative route with a limited amount of gravel is also available for those who have an interest is seeing the location of Ingula Pumped Storage Scheme, and includes de Beers pass from the Free State to Natal. From Ingula, the route goes to Besters, Ladysmith, Colenso, then to the Churchill Capture site and follows the tar route as described above.
Saturday is planned to cater for a variety of tastes, including, but not limited to:
- Midlands Meander for those who enjoy pottering around the best craft tour in SA.
- Ride the Loteni Valley, one of the best off-road rides in SA.
- For the really adventurous, Sani Pass is within reach for a day ride, for a ride to the top to enjoy a beer at the highest pub in Southern Africa. (Passports are required for entry into Lesotho).
- The Natal Midlands is home to some of the best scenery in SA, enjoy Spring Grove Dam in Rosetta, Midmar Dam, and the general beauty of the Midlands.
For the hungry, there are numerous options for lunch and dinner, and for the thirsty, craft breweries are in good supply in the area.
Accommodation has been arranged at the Nottingham Road Hotel.
The rates are as follows:
- R720 pp sharing B&B = R2 880.00 for the weekend
- R891 pp single B&B = R1 782.00 for the weekend
Dinner on Friday Night will be at Notties – al a carte for your own account. There are many options for dinner on Saturday night.
We require a deposit of 50% within 30 days of making the booking in order to confirm it, and the balance to be paid two weeks prior to arrival. Should we not hear from you thereafter, your booking may be cancelled.
Riverside Lifestyles cc
FNB Branch – Mooi River Branch Code 220 525 Account Number 620 480 16283
Please kindly mail the deposit slip to email@example.com with your booking number on it. Att Linda
Please also send a copy of your booking to Siobhan so that we can keep track of the number of riders – firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you wish, kindly fill in and sign the credit card portion below which will be used to deduct your deposit payment in order to secure your booking.
Full Name of Credit Card Holder:_____________________________________
Credit Card Number:______________________________________________
Exp Date: ______________________ CVC No: _______________________
Kindly indicate if you will be joining us for dinner:
We look forward to welcoming you to the Nottingham Road Hotel. Please be advised that the reception desk is occupied from 7am-6pm (weekdays) and 7am-3pm (Weekends). Should you arrive and the desk is unattended please kindly seek attendance from the bar.
- All refunds will incur a 5% admin fee
- More than 14 days prior to arrival – 25% of total accommodation will be charged
- 7 – 13 days prior to arrival – 50% of accommodation rate will be charged
- Less than 7 days prior to arrival – zero – full value of booking will be charged
- Cancellations will only be accepted by fax or email and not telephonically
18 (Friday) 8:00 am - 20 (Sunday) 2:00 pm
Nottingham Road Hotel
R103, Nottingham Road, 3280
Pete Saunders082-850-2750 email@example.com